Essential Knowledge for Drupal Beginners
This session gives an overview of essential skills and knowledge you need to acquire when starting to use Drupal. It assumes nothing about your prior Drupal knowledge, but provides you with a map and guide book for getting into the Drupal world. You will learn how to talk Drupal-skeep like a Drupal geek. Some topics covered:
- Drupal in a perspective: what it is, and its good and bad sides
- Typical Drupal skills: What kind of Drupal people are there?
- Tech knowledge you need to know about in the Drupal world
- The Drupal community: understanding and accessing it
- How Drupal work is being organized
- Five ways to make Big Drupal People like you (and why that is a good thing)
Questions answered by this session:
What makes Drupal special as a site building tool?
What kind of Drupal skills should I try to learn?
What's the Drupal community like, and how can I join it? (Yes, you want to!)
How is work on Drupal projects managed and organized?
How can I become a Drupal rock star?