Session submissions closed last week, and you are probably wondering what the next phase is. Here are some things that are worth knowing for the weeks to come.
Some Changes to Session Selection Process
A lot of people within the community voiced concerns regarding the early session submission deadline. We have made some changes that allow track chairs to work together with speakers on updating and adapting the content as time passes, to be able to have the most current and relevant content. Here's the new timeline:
- 14 November 2011: Session rating closes (see below)
- 17 November 2011: 80% of sessions selected per track
- 7 December 2011: Preliminary schedule announced
- 11 January 2012: Remaining 20% of sessions selected per track
- 25 January 2012: Final schedule announced
We received 565 session proposals for the 8 tracks of DrupalCon Denver! The track chair committee will select all remaining sessions from those proposals. As explained above, track chairs are free to reach out to speakers and work with them regarding proposals, whose topic may be subject to change before the conference. This is purely optional. Of course, if track chairs can make a choice already and fill up their track, they can do so.
How Do Track Chairs Select Sessions?
The track chair committee is using the following criteria when selection sessions:
- The proposed topic is in line with vision of track, is relevant for the Drupal community and promises to be of high quality.
- The questions answered in the session are relevant and coherent and are aligned with vision of track.
- Track chairs evaluate the proposer's speaking experience, taking into account previous session evaluations and other materials provided.
- Track chairs also attempt to balance experience level within a track.
- 30% of total session slots per track are allocated to new DrupalCon presenters.
How Can You Give Your Input?
You can give your feedback on sessions starting now. We will close session rating on November 14th, 23:59:59 UTC/GMT -7. Session rating is done simply by indicating your level of interest in the various session proposals. Please keep in mind that track chairs use ratings as one of many criteria in the session selection process. See the list of proposed sessions and rate now.
DrupalCon Denver promises to be informative, exciting and a wonderful time to network with the Drupal community. Thank you for everyone who submitted a proposal. Each of you are making DrupalCon Denver one of the best ever. We'll see you in Denver in March!