Taming the Multi-site Mess with Monster Menus
Explore the ways that Monster Menus provides a scalable tree structure, which can contain any number of sub-sites, each with its own set of highly granular permissions. By keeping multiple sites in one large tree, you can:
- Share the same content across multiple sites.
- Decrease the time needed to start a new sub-site. It's as easy as creating a single page and a permissions group for the content authors.
- Decrease the time needed to perform code updates, because you only have to update one set of code.
- No longer do you need to separately deploy hundreds of slightly different versions of the same site. You can easily copy all or part of an existing section of the tree.
- Back up only one set of database tables.
But that's just scratching the surface of what Monster Menus can do for you. This module is actively used by sites with as many as 30,000 users and 100,000 pages. See http://www.drupal.org/project/monster_menus for more details.