Front End Performance Improvements
According to a study done by Strangeloop, 97% of the time it takes to render a page happens in the front end for mobile devices. For desktop computers it's at 85% of the time. We put performance as a gate in Drupal to help speed it up. The biggest area for gains is in front end performance. This session would be about:
- A brief explanation of why front end performance is important.
- Briefly highlight one or two things we've done well and should keep doing.
- Show how we can incorporate minification into core (even covering some potential legal issues).
- Show how we can speed up pageloads by moving scripts around in the page.
- Talk about changing the way we create aggregated js and css so it can be pluggable and split among more processes.
- Depending on time I can come up with more....
Tue, 03:45pm to 04:45pm