Drupal.gov Information Assurance
Date: Monday, March 19, 2012
Session Time: 5:00pm-7:00pm
Opening Reception hosted by Cadre Software to follow
Need more info? Check out the Training 101 page for more!
This course is being run from 5pm - 7pm after the separate related course: >Security: Process, Code & Hands-on Training
Government agencies adopting Drupal face several unique challenges, such as:
- Complying with the Federal Information Systems Management Act (FISMA);
- Defending against highly capable threat agents;
- Protecting sensitive user information;
- Managing all of the activities surrounding Information Assurance.
In this class, we will discover how to manage the transition to a new Drupal Content Management System website, how to create the necessary documentation for accreditation, and how to manage the ongoing security process for a website in properly minimize risk associated with the use of Information Technology.
Key concepts that will be taught include:
- Introduction to the Risk Management Framework;
- How to perform a risk assessment;
- How to develop a system security plan;
- How to perform system testing and evaluation;
- Producing certification and accreditation documentation and submitting your Drupal site for accreditation;
- Providing ongoing controls testing for a production site.
Since this is an evening class, the course sponsors would like to invite all participants to share a round of drinks immediately following completion.